Cookie Butter Magic Bars

posted: 10/18/13

Cookie Butter Magic Bars! Delicious, ooey gooey, and the amazing taste of cookie butter!

Cookie Butter Magic Bars!  Delicious, ooey gooey, and the amazing taste of cookie butter! via www.wineandglue.com

I know that this is totally ridiculous, and you are going to lose it on me for this . . .

. . . .

. . . . but I’m totally ready for Christmas.

I actually even suggested to Nathan the other day, jokingly (not jokingly at all) that we go and get a Christmas tree.

Bring on the Christmas music, the decorations, the cookie making, the gift buying . . .

Bring. It. All. On.

And yeah, I realize that Halloween isn’t even here yet, and it is totally possible that I’m just getting psyched about Christmas so that I don’t ahve to think about the Halloween costumes that I have yet to make. Or it could be that in the blogging world you kind of have to be three holidays ahead planning and what not.

Or it could be that I just really want a reason to make epic amounts of fudge.

But I big squishy pink heart need to get a room with Christmas.

My favorite is the day after Thanksgiving when we often have Friendsgiving (though sometimes it gets a bump to Saturday) right on up to December 25th. It starts out with delicious Thanksgiving leftovers from three (THREE) Thanksgiving meals and rolls right into Christmas music, holiday shopping, searching for the Elf, hanging decorations . . .

OMG. I have to stop. I’m getting too excited.

One of my all time favorites of Christmas time is getting together with friends and making treats. Like a full day of friend time and sugar. Does it get better than that??? I’ve learned that if you want to make the most out of cookie making day, you have to go for bars. It’s all about things that you can pour, bake, and cut. Or pour, let set, and cut (fudge). No rolling, no coating, no frosting. #cookiedaynazi

So these Cookie Butter Magic Bars will definitely be on my list for this year’s cookie making day. They are super simple to make, ridiculously delicious, and ummmm . . . they have cookie butter in them, so all your friends and family that you give them too will think you are the greatest cookie elf ever.

(If your mind isn’t already there yet, you should take it to Will Ferrel dressed as the Elf running around screaming in delight that Santa is coming.)

Cookie Butter Magic Bars

• 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Wafer crumbs (about 3 cups when whole)
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cups pretzel pieces
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup Cookie Butter softened
  • 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 by 9 inch glass baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
  2. Mix the wafer crumbs and melted butter until fully combined and then press into the baking pan in an even layer.
  3. Spread the pretzel pieces and the white chocolate chips evenly over the wafer layer.
  4. In a small bowl, combine the softened cookie butter and the sweetened condensed milk, by whisking them together. Pour the mixture evenly over the bars.
  5. Put in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the edges become golden brown. Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting into them to keep the crust intact.

The genius idea of mixing the cookie butter into the sweetened condescend milk came from my genius friend, Dorothy, and her Pumpkin Magic Bars.

Want more Cookie Butter Goodness??

cookie_butter_butterscotch_fudge

biscoff_butterscotch_apple_pie cookie_butter_biscotti cookie_butter_cocktail sugar_cookie_bars_cookie_butter

This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.

1. Meaghan voigt says

I will gladly eat those on our cookie making day! Yum! can’t. wait.

2. Deb @ Kneaded Creations says

Hey, Lisa- Once againI think you have fabulous recipes and great photos. I nominated you for the SUNSHINE award- go to my blog at this URL , and you will see how to do it. http://kneadedcreations.com/2013/10/sunshine-award/ It is fun to do! I nomintated you because of your blog style and photos that have influenced me! Deb @ Kneaded Creations

Thank you so much Deb!

3. Meghan @ The Tasty Fork says

Girl, don’t put those boy scouts to work too early with the tree buying! :) I’m so not ready for Christmas, like I don’t even want to think about it. Maybe these bars will put me in the spirit!

4. Rachel says

I love to bake but I am embarrassed to say that I know nothing of cookie butter. I definitely feel that I need to know. Where does one purchase this? Thanks.

Rachel, you do need to know! Cookie Butter is like peanut butter but with gingersnapish cookies. You can find it as Cookie Butter at Trader Joes, or as Biscoff Spread at Target, WalMart, and Walgreens. Good luck!

5. Cristina says

If you get a tree in October, I will too! If I had it my way, I’d have a tree year round.

• Carol says

I have a friend who leaves her tree up year round. She decorates it for all holidays, hearts in February for Valentines, shamrocks in March for St Patrick, Easter in April, and in May it’s the start of summer with flowers, little water cans, a few pair of yard gloves, etc. Halloween in October, November is Thanksgiving and back to Christmas in December, January February and March are winter things! Where she finds all this stuff is beyond me, must be like JoAnns, Michaels, or landscape nurserys. It’s not a very large tree maybe 5 or 6 feet but it’s fun to see how creative she can be all year.

6. Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats says

I’m SO with you. If I make one more Pumpkin recipe I might puke! Love these bars!!!

7. Melissa says

What is cookie butter? Where do i get it in Canada or how do i make it from scratch?

Melissa, Cookie Butter is like peanut butter but with gingersnapish cookies. I’m not sure where it is available in Canada, in the US you can find it as Cookie Butter at Trader Joes, or as Biscoff Spread at Target, WalMart, and Walgreens. Good luck!

8. Lori Williams says

Does the Trader Joe Cookie Butter and Biscoff Spread taste the same? I don’t have a Trader Joes, but I have seen the Biscoff Spread before.

Lori, I’ve never tried the Biscoff Spread, but word on the street is that they taste the same.

Trackbacks

1. […] I like to try out new recipes every year.  And since I have been blogging, it has been especially fun to use the holiday season to try out the recipes from some of my fellow bloggers!  Last year I made this awesome Gingerbread Oreo Truffle Bark from Jocelyn at Inside BruCrew Life.  It was so good! And so genius!  Jocelyn talks in the post about how she made it into bark instead of truffles because then there was no rolling and dipping.  Score!  I love the look of truffles, I loathe rolling and dipping.  And everyone knows that they are a total time suck on cookie making day. […]