How to Trap a Leprechaun {Easy Leprechaun Bait}

posted: 02/28/13

pinterest
How to Trap a Leprechaun

Step 1:  Hire a Leprechaun Consultant.

Step 2:  Put him to work. It’s a well known fact that Leprechaun Consultants will work for sugar.

Step 3:  Invest in large amounts of glitter.

Step 4:  Admire the Leprechaun Consultant’s work.

Step 5:  Cover everything in white chocolate.

Step 6:  Set your trap, complete with leprechaun bait, and lay in wait.

Step 7:  Consider the possibility that the Leprechaun Consultant and his baby sister tipped off the leprechaun as he is left with a pile of loot and you are left cleaning up green footprints and green pee.

Step 8:  Eat all the left over leprechaun bait and realize that with a side of Diet Coke, it might actually be renamed “Mommy Bait.”

pinterest

Easy Leprechaun Bait

• 1 cup green marshmallows
  • 1 cup green M & M’s (regular and/or pretzel)
  • 1/2 cup Lucky Charm marshmallows
  • 1 cup Cheerios
  • 1 cup Crispix
  • 1 cup broken pretzels
  • 12 oz white chocolate morsels

1. Mix all the ingredients except the white chocolate.
  2. Melt the chocolate and pour over the dry ingredients.
  3. Spread on a parchment paper lined pan and let dry. Break apart.
  4. Set your trap.

1. Sarah says

Last year, we trapped a leprechaun and when he escaped – he threw massive amounts of green confetti everywhere. Maybe next time this Mom should lay off the celebratory adult St Patty’s Day drinks! Would at least make for less clean up this year :) The treat looks like a ton of fun for my boys to make! Pinning for a few weeks! And the green footprints are SO cute!

• Lisa says

Lol! It is possible that my very sophisticated trap didn’t work because of my over indulgence in green beverages. It certainly explains why the leprechaun was more generous than he had planned on being . . . . :)

2. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel says

How to Bait Hayley:
    Make this bait.
    Let me eat it.
    I’m yours forever. But you probably won’t want to keep me forever because I tend to eat everything in sight. Also, while I exude plenty of glitter I am terribly unmagical and thus not as cool as a small man wearing green and shouting limericks. I apologize in advance.

• Lisa says

OMG. This made me laugh so hard. I beg to differ as not as cool as a small man wearing green. You are hilarious, you make sugar, you eat sushi, and you have a dog. 10,000 points in your favor.

3. Kate | Food Babbles says

This post is so incredibly CUTE!!! Not to mention the recipe sounds delish :)

4. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says

I love this post Lisa. It’s so amazingly adorable! And that mix, well. YUM!

5. Rachel Willis says

Such a cute idea. And so much fin for the kids! I wish this was around when my kids were little!

6. Kelley Wilson says

Lisa that is so funny “Mommy Bait” what lucky kids!

• Lisa says

Ha! I should do a whole post on how to trap a Lisa. It would either be really funny or really awkward. :)

7. Kristina Manscill says

Oh. My. Heck. You are the cutest ever. I love this.

Kristina @ mothersniche.com

• Lisa says

Thanks Kristina!!

8. Jessi @ Practically Functional says

Lol, too cute!

9. Trish - Mom On Timeout says

Lisa this is sooo cute! Love it!

10. creatingabeautifullife.net says

Love anything with pretzels and chocolate! This looks dangerously tempting. I’m visiting from Lemon Tree Dwelling.