This Mac N Cheese Breakfast Casserole is a fun twist on breakfast that will leave your family totally full! I’m so happy to be partnering with Horizon to bring you this awesome breakfast!
I swear now that summer hits my kids are hungrier and . . . . pickier than ever! Do you know how hard it is to feed picky hungry children? It’s like they are whining and screaming at you for a snack or lunch or breakfast or snlufast (snack + lunch + breakfast, duh), and they want NOTHING that you are offering them, but they just become hungrier and whiner with each suggestion you give them!
I’m sure it has to do with the fact that they are playing a lot more and they are just HERE a lot more, but I am having to feed them so much more than I did during the school year. And frankly, we are only in June and I am SCRAPING the bottom of the barrel people! So I am kind of on a quest to find new meals that the kids will love . . . bonus points if it is balanced (protein, veggies, carbs), and it is easy to make.
You guys, this Mac N Cheese Breakfast Casserole has ALL of those! So basically it is the greatest. Plus, my kids are ALWAYS on board for Horizon Mac N Cheese. They love it and they would happily eat it for all. the. meals. This has two boxes of Horizon Mac N Cheese, some sautéed veggies, some eggs, and some breakfast sausage. It is full of flavor, easy to make, and so delicious!
Plus. You guys. It’s Mac N Cheese. For Breakfast.
Mac N Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- 2 boxes of Horizon Mac N Cheese and what you need to make them
- 8 oz breakfast sausage
- 1/2 a red pepper diced
- 1/2 a yellow onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 6 eggs whisked
- 1 TBSP cream
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese I used mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the Horizon Mac N Cheese according to package instructions.
- While the Mac N Cheese is cooking, over medium heat cook the breakfast sausage until the sausage is cooked through. Remove from the pan and let drain on paper towel.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray and cook the pepper, onion, and garlic until the onion is transparent and the peppers are fork tender. About five minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Combine the whisked eggs, cream, and dash of salt and pepper. Scramble until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Combine all the cooked ingredients with the Mac N Cheese and add to the baking dish. Top with the mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 minutes. Serve while hot.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.