Let me just take a super quick break from all the snuggles to introduce you to Tanya from Lemons for Lulu! I love love love Tanya! She is super supportive of other bloggers, sharing their stuff all the time, and not only that, but she gets it when I tell her that I’ve had the absolute longest day on the planet and maybe we should virtually share a glass of wine . . . at 3:30 in the afternoon.
Thanks for being here Tanya!!
Healthy doesn’t have to be boring! This chicken and quinoa is drizzled with a pesto ranch dressing to make this a light and tasty, yet satisfying meal!
Thank you Lisa, for allowing me to guest post today! Wine and Glue is one of my favorite blogs! I love Lisa’s writing and her ideas. This is an honor!
My family and I just got back from vacation. Like any human, I LOVE vacation! Yes, I love the fun, family time, but I also love the fact that vacation means I DON’T HAVE TO COOK!. I love cooking and being in the kitchen, but as a stay at home mom, I’m in the kitchen a lot! I always get a little dizzy with the excitement at the prospect of not having to plan meals, do dishes or cook up one single thing. For a week, I get to be served.
The problem is, by the end of the week I am so tired of buffets, fried food, soft drinks, burgers and chips! I feel stuffed, greasy and well done. I can’t wait to get home and fill my body with fresh fruits and vegetables. I long for meals made with my own hands in my own kitchen with ingredients I gathered myself!
After a week of cookie cutter restaurants, I found myself craving quinoa. I just started throwing things in with my quinoa and came up with this! There are so many flavors in this meal between the seasoned chicken, the cherry tomatoes, the feta and the marinated artichokes. The pesto ranch dressing drizzled over the entire dish was like icing on the cake! It was delicious, healthy and satisfying!
After eating this, I felt good again. I felt lighter and healthier and happy to be in my own kitchen! However, then I had dishes to do and a kitchen mess to clean. I see pizza in our very near future!
Pesto Ranch Quinoa with Chicken
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders cubed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 oz jar marinated Artichoke hearts
- 1 cup yellow peppers, diced
- ½ cup Feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup Ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons Pesto
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions substituting chicken broth for water.
- Meanwhile, heat skillet with olive oil. Season chicken with seasoning adding salt and pepper as desired. Cook chicken until no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes. Remove.
- Combine quinoa and chicken in a serving bowl. Add tomatoes, artichokes and peppers stirring to combine. Top with Feta. In a small bowl, combine Ranch and pesto. Drizzle dressing over quinoa and serve.
Thanks Tanya!! That looks incredible!! It will have to be one of the first dishes I make after I get back from my own vacation!