This easy Pumpkin Frosting Recipe has such a perfect pumpkin flavor, and would be amazing on a million different things!
This Pumpkin Frosting is incredibly popular because it is the perfect creamy frosting texture while having the best pumpkin spice flavor.
It is perfect on chocolate cupcakes, but if you decided to just eat it with a spoon I would totally understand.
Pumpkin Frosting Ingredients
This recipe comes together quickly with so many ingredients that are already in your pantry.
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Pumpkin Frosting
Did you know that frosting is incredibly easy to make. I’m not someone who thinks that all things need to be homemade, but with how easy frosting is to make, I never buy it. Homemade is a million times better.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, beat together room temperature butter and pumpkin puree.
- Mix in the spices and the vanilla extract.
- Next beat in the powdered sugar a little at a time until you get the right consistency.
Pumpkin Frosting Tips and Tricks
- Room Temperature Butter: You should be able to push your finger into the butter easily, but without it going all the way through. The correct temperature butter is important in this recipe.
- Measuring Powdered Sugar: When making this recipe, do not pack the powdered sugar into the measuring cup. You will end up with too much and a frosting that is too thick.
- Use Milk: If you end up with frosting that is too thick or difficult to pipe, use a tablespoon of milk to make it easier to work with.
Other Great Pumpkin Recipes
- These Pumpkin Sugar Cookies are perfectly crisp on the outside and buttery soft on the inside.
- My Pumpkin Bread has the best cinnamon sugar atop a soft moist bread.
- These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are exactly what you want in a cookie.
If you make this great Pumpkin Frosting or any of my other recipes, leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- Slowly cream together the butter and the pumpkin with a handheld mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachement. (Note: I wasn't able to get it to a completely smooth mixture even after several minutes of my mixer on medium, so just get it as close to combined as possible.)
- Beat in the vanilla, then the cinnamon, then the nutmeg.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar about a cup at a time until you are able to get it to the right consistency.