Cowboy Caviar Recipe
Cowboy Caviar is one of my favorite appetizer recipes! It is easy to make, has the perfect balance of flavors, and is always a hit with guests!
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (make sure not to use the organic brand - the taste is too strong in this)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 avocado ripe but firm and diced
- 15 ounces can black eyed peas drained and rinsed
- 11 ounces canned corn drained
- 1/4 red onion diced small
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, hot sauce, and olive oil. Stir in the garlic and season with salt and pepper.
Stir in the remainder of the ingredients, taste, and add more salt and pepper as needed.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 291mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 7mg