Shrimp Fajita Pasta Salad
This Shrimp Fajita Pasta Salad is perfect for all of your summer picnics and BBQs. It comes together so simply with my fajita seasoning recipe and is absolutely delicious.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 pound bowtie pasta cooked and drained (see note 1)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 cup corn (or two ears of corn)
- 1 pound small salad shrimp (look for the kind that is peeled, deveined, and cooked)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 tablespoons fajita seasoning (or two 1 ounce packets)
In a large stock pot, bring enough water to a boil to cook a pound of pasta. (Check the instructions on the box for exact amount. Make ssure to use enough water.) When the water comes to a roaring boil, add salt, throw in the pasta, and give it a stir. Cook for the time listed on the box. When done, drain and rinse with cold water.
While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add two tablespoons of oil oil. Then add in the bell peppers and diced onions. Cook until soft and tender, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring often. (see note 2)
Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing, making sure to break up the fajita seasoning and fully incorporate it into the liquid.
In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients. The pasta and cold shrimp will bring down the temperature of the sauted vegetables and it can be sserved at room temperature. If you would like to make this ahead of time, refergerate (covered) and then allow it to sit out for at leasst 15 minutes before serving.
- When making pasta salad, I always drain my noodles and then rinse them with cool water to stop them from cooking.
- If you would like to skip the sautéing of the vegetables, that is totally fine. If that is the case make sure to dice the red onion very small or swap it out for green onions.
Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 640mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 72.6mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 0.4mg