Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe for Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies that are soft, chewy, and the perfect mix of flavors is a keeper! Grab all my tips and tricks for making these the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time32 mins
Servings: 34 cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour see note 1
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature (see note 2)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick cooking oats (old fashioned will also work)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
In a large bowl beat together the butter and the brown and granulated sugar. The mixture should be light and fluffy. This will take between 3 and 6 minutes.
Scrape down the bowl and one at a time beat the eggs into the mixture. Then beat in the vanilla.
Scrape down the bowl and then add all of the flour mixture into the butter-egg mixture. Beat very low until just incorporated, then turn up the speed to fully incorporate, beating until just combined. Do not over mix.
Gently fold in the oats and then the chocolate chips.
Using a 1 1/2 tablespoon measuring scoop to make the cookies consistent in size, scoop out the cookies, gently roll, and then place one to two inches apart on the parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes rotating the sheet half way during the baking process.
Remove the cookies from the oven. Let the cookies sit on the tray for two minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.
Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Flour should be scooped into the measuring cup and then leveled off, not scooped directly out of the container.
- Room temperature butter means that you should be able to easily dent the butter but not push your finger all the way through.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 32mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.5mg