Magic Cookie Bars
Magic Cookie Bars are the one classic treat that you must have in your recipe box. These seven layer bars are easy to make, and perfect for gifting.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 20 bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 113 grams, melted
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs roughly 11 traditional American graham cracker sheets or 160 grams
- 14 liquid ounces sweetened condensed milk be careful not to buy evaporated milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips 175 grams
- 1 cup butterscotch chips 175 grams (or replace with another cup of chocolate chips)
- 1 1/3 cup shredded coconut 113 grams
- 1 cup chopped pecans 119 grams
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the graham cracker crumbs right in your food processor, or if you use a plastic bag and a rolling pin to crush the graham crakcers, combine the crumbs with the butter in a large bowl.
Press the combined butter and crumbs into a 9 by 13 inch baking sheet that is lined with parchement paper.
Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the crumb crust completely. If you need to spread it, do so carefully.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips over the sweetened condensed milk layer.
Add on the shredded coconut and then the pecans. Very gently press down.
Bake for 25 minutes on the middle shelf of your oven, rotating half way through, until the middle of the pan just begins to turn golden brown.