Hawaiian Chicken is such an easy chicken stir fry. It comes together in 30 minutes, so it's perfect for a busy work night!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup Dole Fridge Pack Pineapple Chunks (juice reserved for sauce)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (optional)
- 2 green onions chopped for garnish
- 2 cups cooked rice for serving
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, and then add the chicken. Cook until chicken is no longer pink on the outside, about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add in the chopped bell peppers. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While the peppers are cooking, whisk together the soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and chili paste. Then whisk in the corn starch.
Stir in the pineapple and the sauce. Bring to a simmer, and cook for about 3 minutes until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
Garnish with green onions and serve over rice.