This Beef Curry is a delicious and easy weeknight meal. Serve it over rice and have a dish that your family will come back to over and over all year long.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr 5 mins
Total Time1 hr 20 mins
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 2 1/2 pounds chuck roast cut into bites sized pieces
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons of ginger minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pot until it just begins to smoke.
Generously salt and pepper the chuck roast, then add the chuck roast and brown in batches. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and curry powder. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add in the diced tomatoes and the lemon juice, scraping up the browned bits.
Return the browned beef to the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook covered for 45 minutes. (If you are making with rice, now is the time to start your rice.)
Serve over rice and enjoy!