Tuscan Chicken Pasta
Tuscan Chicken Pasta is a delicious easy dinner that comes together in 30 minutes on the stovetop. Your family will love the rich flavors of this fast dinner.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time19 mins
Total Time29 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 oz penne pasta cooked according to package instructions
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded thin (about 1/2 an inch thick)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes removed from their oil and cut into smaller pieces
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup half and half read what half and half is here
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for seasoning the chicken
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper plus more for seasoning the chicken
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan plus more for topping
- 6 ounces baby spinach
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and cook the pasta according to package instructions, making sure to season the water with salt and drain the pasta while it is still el dente.
While waiting for the water to come to a boil and while the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Season the chicken on both sides with salt, peper, and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning. Add to the skillet. Cook for about four minutes on each side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Remove the chicken from the skillet. Allow to cool a little and then slice.
While waiting for the chicken to cool, add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the garlic, onion and bell pepper. Saute until the vegetables are softened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Whisk in the flour, then slowly add the chicken stock, scrapping up any browned bits on the bottom. Slowly add the half and half. Bring to a simmer and cook for five minutes.
Stir in the parmesan cheese and allow it melt completely. Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Taste the sauce and season with more salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the spinach, allowing it to wilt. Now stir in the sundried tomatoes, penne, and the chicken.
Top with more Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley and enjoy!
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 598kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 618mg | Potassium: 760mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g