Buffalo Chicken Salad
This Buffalo Chicken Salad is a delicious hearty lunch or light dinner. The great taste of buffalo and the perfect ranch dressing make this recipe a winner!
Servings: 4 dinner salads
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- 2 Romaine hearts chopped (see notes in the post about chopping)
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 2 celery ribs sliced
- 1 medium carrot cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (optional)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
FOR RANCH DRESSING
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise I used reduced fat
- 1/4 cup sour cream I used reduced fat
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder (please make sure it is garlic powder and not garlic salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- dash of black pepper (more to taste)
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet. Cook for two minutes on each side, then add the buffalo sauce, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then slice.
In a medium bowl whisk together the ingredients for the salad dressing. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.
In a large serving dish, toss the spinach, chopped romaine, and other vegetables.
Add the chicken and blue cheese. Serve with the dressing on the side.
Serving: 3cups | Calories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 604mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 103IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 8mg