Crab Pasta Salad
This Crab Pasta Salad is a family recipe, one of my favorites! Packed with veggies and delicious flavor, it's a staple at summer BBQs!
- 1 lb medium pasta shells
- 1 pound package imitation crab meat cut bite size
- 1 can medium black olives sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 3 or 4 green onions sliced thin about two inches into the green
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 1 1/2 cups plain non fat yogurt see note
- 1/4 cup fat free mayonnaise
- 1/2 TBSP Spike found in the spice aisle
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 TBSP yellow mustard
- 1/2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Italian vinaigrette salad dressing see note
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
In a very large bowl, mix the pasta, crab, olives, red peppers, green onions, and celery.
In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayo, Spike, celery salt, yellow mustard, soy sauce, and salad dressing.
Pour the dressing over the pasta and veggies and stir to combine. Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
Do NOT use Greek yogurt for this recipe. It is way too thick and doesn't give the dressing the right consistency or flavor.
My mom always used Seven Seas Viva Italian salad dressing for this recipe. I used Wishbone because it's what Nathan picked up at the store. Again, this recipe is forgiving, so just use what you find.