Taco Stuffed Peppers
These Taco Stuffed Peppers are such an easy weeknight dinner that are packed with flavor! They are going to become a regular on your family's menu!
- 4 bell peppers sliced in half length-wise and de-seeded (see note)
- 1 pound ground turkey (see note about making with ground beef)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- 16 ounces salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups Horizon Mexican shredded cheese divided
- 8.5 ounces microwaveable brown rice cooked (I used Uncle Ben's, which comes to about 2 cups)
- Horizon Sour Cream
- diced tomatoes cilantro, and pickled jalapeños for serving (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add one tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Add the ground turkey and taco seasoning, breaking up the meat. Cook until the meat is browned and cooked through.
Place the peppers on the baking sheet, and mix together the browned taco meat, black beans, salsa, frozen corn, 1 cup Horizon Mexican cheese, and the cooked rice in a large bowl.
Divide the mixture amongst the peppers. Bake for 30 minutes.
Add the remainder of the Horizon Mexican cheese to the top of the peppers and bake for 5 more minutes.
To serve top with Horizon Sour Cream and diced tomatoes, cilantro, and pickled jalapeños.
You can also just cut the tops off of the four peppers and make four BIG peppers rather than 8 half peppers.
If your family prefers ground beef, use that! Wait to add the taco seasoning until after you have cooked the meat and drained the fat.
Serving: 1half pepper | Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 38.7g | Protein: 24.3g | Fat: 13.6g | Saturated Fat: 6.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 40.4mg | Sodium: 1177.9mg | Potassium: 395.6mg | Fiber: 5.2g | Sugar: 6.2g | Vitamin A: 1910IU | Vitamin C: 105.6mg | Calcium: 27.5mg | Iron: 2.3mg