Roasted Beet Salad
This Roasted Beet Salad recipe with goat cheese and balsamic dressing is the perfect side dish, but it is hearty enough to be a dinner on it's own.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 butternut squash roasted and cooled (see note)
- 4 medium roasted beets
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese about 1/2 a cup
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces see note
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- balsamic dressing served on the side
This salad serves two people as an entree, four people as hearty side, and eight people when there many sides.
To roast the squash, peel, take out the seeds, and cut into 1 inch pieces. Toss with 1 TBSP olive oil, a little salt and pepper, and spread over an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
You could definitely make these candied pecans, but the salad is great with them raw.