Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
These Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are the perfect, filling, healthy dinner recipe! They will leave you feeling full and satisfied; the best sweet potato recipe.
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 medium sweet potatoes washed and scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound ground turkey 93% lean (read here about using ground beef)
- 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- taco toppings (read here to see what toppings I recommend)
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Poke the sweet potatoes several times with a fork. Rub with a 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes or until it is easy to pierce them with a skewer.
Towards the end of the cooking time for the potatoes, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the ground turkey and break it up, browning it.
Drain any excess grease. Add in the taco seasoning, and then add in the tomato sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the black beans.
When the potatoes are done, slice them down the middle and push the ends towards each other to open them up. Gently mash the insides with a a fork. Top with the taco meat and beans and add your favorite taco toppings.