Olive Pizza Appetizer
This Olive Pizza Appetizer is such an easy and fantastic appetizer for a party or get together. It's made with my pizza dough recipe that never fails and is an olive lover's dream!
Servings: 15 pieces
- 1/2 pizza dough recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (you may not use all of it)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley plus more for garnishing (see note 1)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (see note 2)
- 1/3 cup sliced green olives
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1/3 cup sliced kalamata olives
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
Roll out your pizza dough into as much of a rectangle shape as you can, and then put it in the prepared baking dish. Brush the dough with olive oil (you may not use the full tablespoon), and then bake for 20 minutes or until the dough begins to turn golden brown at the edges.
While the dough is cooking, using a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, parsley, and garlic powder.
After the dough is out of the oven and has cooled just a little, spread the cream cheese mixture on it. Then top with the olives and sprinkle on more fresh parsley.
Cut and serve!
- I love the fresh parsley in this recipe, and I always have some on hand in my kitchen. I think it works great as an ingredient in the filling of the pizza and it also makes a great garnish on top. That being said, if you don't want to buy fresh parsley, then you could substitute in 1 teaspoon of dried parsley.
- Please make sure not to use garlic salt.