Easy Chicken Tostadas
Easy Chicken Tostadas are perfect for a busy weeknight. This chicken tostada recipe is done in about 20 minutes!
Servings: 8 tostadas
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8.5 ounces corn drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken (see more about using cooked chicken)
- 8 ounces salsa (see my salsa recommendation)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning storebought or homemade
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups colby jack cheese shredded
- fresh cilantro
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Lay the tortillas on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush the tortillas with the canola oil. Thick enough so that the whole side is shiney, but not so thick that you can see pools of oil. Flip them and brush the other sides. Bake for 10 minutes, flipping the toritllas half way through and rotating the pan.
While the tortillas are cooking, in a medium to large sauce pan, combine chicken, salsa, taco seasoning, corn, and black beans over medium heat. Cooking, stirring occasionally, until it is cooked through. About 5 minutes.
Add 1/2 a cup of the mixture to the top of each tortilla. Top with 1/4 a cup of cheese each, and place back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is compltely melted.
Top with cilantro and diced tomatoes.
Serving: 1tostada | Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 834mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g