Easy Beef and Broccoli
This easy Beef and Broccoli recipe is made on the stovetop and is done in under 30 minutes. Your family will love this simple and easy recipe.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound flat iron steak sliced thin
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets approximately 4 cups
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce see note 1
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 - 2 teaspoons chili paste see note 2
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the beef and cook until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Remove it from the pan.
While the beef is cooking, whisk together the soy sauce, corn starch, brown sguar, ginger, garlic, chili paste, and red pepper flakes.
Add the broccoli and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes. Add more oil as needed so the broccoli does not burn.
Return the meat to the pan, and stir in the sauce. Cook until the sauce has thickened, about three minutes. Serve with rice.
- If you don't have low sodium soy sauce on hand, use 1/3 cup soy sauce and the rest water to make 1/2 cup total liquid.
- If you like your dishes spicy, make sure to add two teaspoons of chili paste. Just 1 teaspoon will give it just a small, nice little kick.
- Please note that the nutritional information does not include the rice.
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1439mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 28IU | Vitamin C: 82mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 16mg