Caprese Pasta Salad
This simple Caprese Pasta Salad is four ingredients plus a homemade balsamic dressing. It is perfect for family gatherings or picnics!
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 pound pasta I used Radiatori
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut small (a 10.5 ounce container)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1/4 cup fresh basil shredded
Dressing (or about 1 cup store bought Balsamic Dressing)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Cook the pasta according to package instructions, adding salt to the water. Drain and rinse with cool water to stop the cooking process and cool the noodles.
In a large bowl combine the noodles, mozzarella pearls, tomatoes and basil.
In a small measuring cup, whisk together the ingredients for the salad dressing. Pour over the pasta salad and toss to combine.
Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g