Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Chicken Lettuce Wraps are the perfect easy dinner recipe! They are ready in under 30 minutes, and have the best flavor - better than take out!
Servings: 4 servings
- 12 leaves Bibb Lettuce or Boston Lettuce (1 head should be enough)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or sesame oil)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (you can substitute apple cider vinegar in a pinch)
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (more for a spicier recipe)
- 8 ounces water chestnuts drained and diced
- 4 green onions diced 3 inches into the green
Place a skillet over medium heat and cook olive oil. Add in the garlic and diced yellow onion and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the ground chicken, cooking and breaking it up.
While the chicken is cooking whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and chile paste to make the sauce.
Once the chicken is cooked, stir in the sauce, water chestnuts, and 1/2 of the diced green onions. Cook for 1 minute.
Serve in Bibb Lettuce and top with the remaning scallions and sesame seeds.
Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1284mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g