These Blackened Shrimp start with my amazing Cajun Seasoning and turn into the most perfect appetizer, dinner, or taco filling!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound shirmp deviened and peeled
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- dash of cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
Whisk together all of the spices.
Combine the spices, shrimp, and melted butter togehter in a bowl.
Place a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Working in batches so the shrimp is in a single layer, cook the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until pink, cooked through and blackened.