This simple Kale Salad is quick to make and big on flavor! Make it as a simple side dish or a perfect lunch for two.
Servings: 8 servings
- 8 cups finely chopped kale
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup candied walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 ounces goat cheese (feta would be another great substitute)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
This recipe calls for 8 cups finely chopped kale. I like to remove the thick ribs of the kale, then finely chop it with a pairing knife. After that, I add it to the measuring cup to get 8 cups.
Add the kale to a salad bowl. Add a small pinch of salt and massage it into the leaves. The leaves will soften quickly.
Top with the goat cheese, dried cranberries, and candied walnuts.
Add half the dressing, and leave the rest on the side for guests to dress their salad to taste.