Slow Cooker Ribs
These Slow Cooker Ribs come together with our five star BBQ Sauce and best Pork Rub for a tender fall of the bone recipe you will absolutely love.
Servings: 10 servings
- 3 to 7 pounds pork spare ribs see note 1
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
For BBQ Sauce
Combine all the ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Slow Cooker Ribs
If you wish, remove the back membrane from the ribs. This is an optional step. (See note 2.)
Rub the pork rub liberally into the ribs. You may have some left over. For best results, refrigerate after rubbing for 4 to 8 hours (or overnight) before slow cooking.
Pour a small amount of BBQ sauce in the bottom of your slow cooker. Add the ribs. You may need to cut them in half to fit them. Pour more bbq sauce between layers and finally add more to the top of the ribs. (You will have BBQ sauce left over.)
Cook the ribs on low for 8 to 9 hours. (Read our thoughts on cooking on high in the post.) Remove from the slow cooker, tent for 10 minutes, and cut to serve. Serve with additional BBQ sauce.
- There are multiple types of spare ribs that you can buy. They will all work with this recipe. The major difference is time it takes to cook, but we have found with this particular recipe, that 8 hours works great for all three types.
- For a more authentic flavor and taste, we opt to leave the membrane on.