Ground Beef and Broccoli
Ground Beef and Broccoli is the perfect easy dinner recipe. Your family will love this simple weeknight dinner.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets approximately 4 cups
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce see note 1
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 - 2 teaspoons chili paste see note 2
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
Whisk together the soy sauce, corn starch, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chili paste, and red pepper flakes.
Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook, breaking it up. Drain the excess grease from the pan.
Add the broccoli and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes.
Stir in the sauce. Cook until the sauce has thickened, about three minutes. Serve with rice.
- If you don't have low sodium soy sauce on hand, use 1/3 cup soy sauce and the rest water to make 1/2 cup total liquid.
- If you like your dishes spicy, make sure to add two teaspoons of chili paste. Just 1 teaspoon will give it just a small, nice little kick.
- Please note that the nutritional information does not include the rice.