Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes
Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes make such a great low carb lunch option. This budget friendly recipe comes together fast and is so filling.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 large tomatoes
- 14 ounces canned tuna packed in water drained
- 1/2 small red onion diced small
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/4 cup dill pickles diced
- 1/3 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (if you only have table salt start with 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Trim the very top off of the tomatoes. Scoop out the pulp and place the tomatoes upside down on a paper towl lined plate while you prepare the tuna salad.
Whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Taste and add more salt and pepper to taste being careful to start out with just a little.
In a large bowl combine the tuna, red onion, and celery.
Stir the dressing into the main ingredients.
Stuff the drained tomatoes, serve and enjoy.
Serving: 1tomato | Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 710mg | Potassium: 719mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g