Zucchini Panzanella Salad
Zucchini Panzanella Salad is the perfect summer side dish! This is my dad's awesome recipe that I crave during summer months.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups Italian bread cubes
- 3 medium zucchini cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup fresh mint roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil roughly chopped (or 1/2 tablespoon dried)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Add the bread cubes, tossing often until browned, about 10 minutes.
Whisk the ingredients for the dressing together in a small measuring cup or bowl.
Toss with the zucchini, mint, basil, and toasted bread. Taste and add more salt and pepper to taste.