This Crockpot Chili recipe is a winner! Hearty and full of flavor, you will love coming home to this great dinner.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef (read how to use ground turkey)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 14 ounces kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes undrained
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and break up. Season with salt and pepper.
Add in the green pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until you can no longer see pink. There is no need to cook the beef all the way through. Drain the fat from the skillet.
Add the beef mixture to the slow cooker. Add in the chili powder, cumin, ground chipotle, and ground cayenne pepper. Mix in the Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Serve with diced red onion, corn chips, sliced jalapenos, shredded cheese, sour cream, and fresh cilantro.
Serving: 1.3cups | Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 1272mg | Potassium: 586mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g