This Cookie Butter Magic Shell is a delicious ice cream topper that comes together with just two ingredients. A fun twist on the classic ice cream treat!
This Cookie Butter Magic Shell combines two of my very favorite sweet treats into one yummy ice cream topper. As a kid I loved the crunchy shell that you could get at ice cream shops. Something about the chocolatey flavor and crisp texture made an ordinary scoop of ice cream something really special. I made this cookie butter version a year ago after finding success with my Nutella Magic Shell recipe. It was so good that I had to try it with one of my all time weaknesses: cookie butter.
WHAT IS COOKIE BUTTER?
Oh my… cookie butter is truly one of those little treats that is heaven sent. I wrote a whole post on my love of this creamy, fragrant spread, along with a homemade version that you simply must try! But here, in a nutshell is my definition of cookie butter:
- Think about peanut butter. Now take out the peanuts, and put delicious ginger snapish type cookies in its place. There. Cookie Butter!
- You can find cookie butter at Trader Joe’s labeled Cookie Butter.
- I’ve also seen it at WalMart, Target, Walgreens, and anywhere that has a decent international section of food (like World Market) as Biscoff Spread. I should note that I haven’t actually used the Biscoff Spread before, but I hear that it is pretty much the same deal as Cookie Butter.
What is your favorite way to enjoy cookie butter? I’m always looking for new ways to incorporate this stuff in my life, so please feel free to leave a comment below and we can swap ideas!
SUGGESTIONS FOR THIS HOMEMADE MAGIC SHELL RECIPE
- Because cookie butter isn’t solid like chocolate chips, it doesn’t get completely hard like a shell and it works better as a drizzle. It definitely solidifies and is a perfect ice cream topper, but don’t expect a “crunchy” texture.
- You can make this recipe with coconut oil OR vegetable oil, whichever you prefer. The texture and consistency works with either type of oil.
- Make sure to use the exact measurements listed in the recipe card below.
- Microwave at 50% power, stirring often in between thirty second intervals. It should be ready in about a minute and a half.
- Let the mixture cool completely before drizzling over ice cream.
- Do not store leftovers in the fridge! It needs to be stored at room temperature, tightly covered.
- This homemade cookie butter shell works best on ice cream straight from the freezer. It will get more solid as it comes in contact with really cold ingredients.
MORE SWEET COOKIE BUTTER TREATS
Cookie Butter is one of my favorite things to cook with and I love creating recipes around it. Try some of these delectable recipes and I promise your love for this sweet spread will grow!
- Cookie Butter Bread Pudding
- Salted Chocolate Cookie Butter Bark
- Cookie Butter Butterscotch Fudge
- Sugar Cookie Cookie Butter Bars
- Cookie Butter Magic Bars
- Cookie Butter Milkshake Martini
Your next ice cream sundae bar should definitely include this magic shell recipe. It’s unique, flavorful and so much fun to eat! Let me know in the comment section below how this cookie butter shell topping works for you!
Cookie Butter Magic Shell
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the oil and cookie butter.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals at 50% power, mixing in between, until fully combined. About a minute or a minute and a half.
- Once cooled, drizzle over ice cream.
- Store at room temperature.
This post contains affiliate links; if you click on them and then make a purchase, I make a small amount of money at no additional cost to you. Thank you in advance for supporting Wine & Glue.