This Instant Pot Meatballs and Pasta Recipe is one that has been asked for by so many people since I posted my Creamy Instant Pot Spaghetti and also my Honey BBQ Instant Pot Cocktail Meatballs. This is such a great easy dinner recipe that can be made with as few as FOUR ingredients! And one of them is my easy homemade spaghetti sauce recipe, so you know it’s extra good! There are two different ways to make this delicious recipe, should we dive in??
So since I posted my Creamy Instant Pot Spaghetti – which, is SO insanely good!! – I have had people tell me, Ummm, but what if I want meatballs. And then I’ve just randomly had readers tell me that they want more instant pot recipes, and at the top of their list is Instant Pot Meatballs and Spaghetti.
So here you have it my friends!
HOW DO YOU MAKE MEATBALLS IN THE INSTANT POT?
I made this recipe going off of my recipe for healthy meatballs, but you could also use frozen meatballs, and then this recipe would only be FOUR ingredients.
INGREDIENTS FOR PRESSURE COOKER MEATBALLS
- Chicken Stock. It is key that you add this first.
- Pasta. Add this after the chicken stock.
- Spaghetti Sauce. You want to add this after the first two ingredients because if it goes in first, or is too close the bottom it can scorch and prevent your pressure cooker from coming to pressure.
- Meatballs! I have a few different meatball recipes that you could use here.
Different Meatball Recipes that Would Work in this Recipe
- Baked Turkey Meatballs (though obviously this time they won’t be baked)
- Healthy Meatballs
- The Best Italian Meatballs
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK MEATBALLS IN INSTANT POT?
The total time for this recipe is about 45 minutes if you make your own meatballs, or 30 minutes if you use frozen ones. That’s right my friends! You could use frozen meatballs in this recipe. Just like in my Honey BBQ Instant Pot Cocktail Meatballs I give the options of both frozen or fresh meatballs, and they both cook for the same amount of time.
HOW DO YOU MAKE PRESSURE COOKER MEATBALLS
- Add chicken stock to the instant pot.
- Add in the noodles.
- Pour the spaghetti sauce on top.
- Add the meatballs on top.
- Close the lid, set the pressure to manual, high, and 5 minutes, making sure the instant pot is set to sealing.
- When the time comes to an end, vent the instant pot, and wait for the float valve to drop.
- Serve and enjoy!
Instant Pot Meatballs and Pasta Recipe
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound pasta uncooked
Meatballs (or use frozen ones)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pound Italian seasoned meat
- Mix all of the meatball ingredients together and form into uniform one inch meatballs.
- Pour the chicken stock into the instant pot. Add the noodles. Pour the spaghetti sauce on top. Set the meatballs on top of the sauce.
- Lock the lid in place and select Manual, High Pressure and 5 minutes cook time.
- When the cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker. Use the quick pressure please. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Serve and enjoy!
Other great 30 minute meals!