This Pina Colada Vodka Soda is a great way to enjoy the flavors of of Pina Colada without having a million calories. With just a few simple ingredients, this cocktail makes a refreshing and amazing end to the day.
VODKA SODA VS. VODKA TONIC
While Vodka Sodas and Vodka Tonics have the same cool crisp refreshing vodka taste to them, they are very different cocktails.
A Vodka Tonic is basically just the vodka lover’s answer to the Gin and Tonic. Delicious vodka with tonic water (a sweet carbonated beverage), and a little lime.
A Vodka Soda on the other hand, is vodka, club soda, and if you are me, two limes. The only calories you are counting in it is the actual vodka, making it a delicious cocktail with few calories.
WHAT MAKES THIS A PINA COLADA VODKA SODA
I will tell you a secret. Sometimes I add a little splash of soda to my Vodka Soda to add a little sweetness to it. Sprite or 7UP or whatever I have on hand just gives it a little sweetness, with adding minimal calories.
It is the same deal with this Pina Colada Vodka Soda. I started with vodka, added some coconut sparkling water (La Croix’s version on it is my favorite), and then threw in just a splash of pineapple juice.
The ounce of vodka is 69 calories, the sparkling water has none, and the pineapple juice only has 14! That brings the total on this cocktail to a whopping 83 calories!! I think that means we can make it a double ????
TIPS FOR THIS GREAT VODKA SODA SPIN
This is a super simple recipe, so I’m sure you are wondering what tips there really could be. Guys. You are going to roll your eyes.
- Make sure you use a quality vodka. It should be something that you could actually drink on it’s own. Let’s not start doing shots like we are in college, but really, you should love the taste of your vodka. My suggestion, if you don’t have a go to vodka, is go to a local distillery if that is an option. They will often let you taste test your vodka to find a bottle you can be loyal to.
- Keep it cold. This recipe is best when it is the answer to a hot summer day. Get your ingredients ice cold by storing them in the refrigerator, shaking the pineapple juice and vodka with ice, and serving them over a lot of ice.
OTHER GREAT VODKA COCKTAILS
So you found that perfect vodka for you and now you want to make as many vodka cocktails as you can. I suggest you start with these:
- DIRTY MARTINI: I mean, not only is it a classic, but I make the dirtiest martini in town.
- ORIGINAL MOSCOW MULE: There is a reason this drink is so trendy. It’s amazing.
- PEACH VODKA SMASH: This is not a low calorie option, but I swear it is totally worth it.
Pina Colada Vodka Soda
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- coconut sparkling water
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake the pinapple juice and vodka together. Pour into a tumbler filled with ice.
- Top with coconut sparkling water. Stir gently to combine!