These Rice Krispies Treats Christmas Trees are so simple to make but are super delicious and make for such a fun holiday treat!
What are some of your favorite holiday traditions? I have to say that one of my MOST favorite holiday traditions is making Christmas treats with some of my good friends. But as my kids get older and our house gets filled with toys, I really want to focus on giving with them at the holidays.
So I’m so excited to be partnering with Rice Krispies to make these fun holiday treats and to tell you all about their collaboration with Toys for Tots: Treats for Toys! Such an awesome program to bring some holiday cheer to kids in need. Make sure that you spread the word on social media about donating to Toys for Tots with #treats4toys!
Okay, on to these fun Rice Krispies Treats Christmas Trees! These start with the traditional three ingredient Rice Krispies Treats recipe and then take on a sweet little twist to make some fun Christmas Trees.
Make them in a fill lined 10 by 15 inch jelly roll pan. Remove the foil from the pan and then cut them in half.
Then cut them into triangles.
Spread a triangle with vanilla buttercream frosting.
Place a red and white paper straw in the middle of the tree, and push down firmly.
Place another triangle on top, and push down.
Decorate it with more vanilla buttercream frosting and sprinkles, and enjoy! I think that this would be such a fun treat to make with the kiddos, letting them decorate their trees their own way. And then these would be so fun to package up and give away to friends and family spreading some of your own holiday cheer!
Rice Krispies Treats Christmas Trees
- 3 TBSPs butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/4 tsp green food coloring
- 1 recipe Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- red and white paper straws
- sprinkles and other decorations
- Prepare a 10 by 15 inch jelly roll pan by lining with with aluminum foil and spraying it with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted. Stir in the green food coloring.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Using a piece of wax paper that was sprayed with cooking spray, press the mixture firmly into the pan.
- Allow it to cool completely. Lift the foil from the pan, cut it in half as shown above, then cut into triangle pieces.
- Spread one triangle with vanilla buttercream frosting. Place a straw in the middle of it and top with another triangle pressing down firmly. Decorate with more frosting and sprinkles.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three days.
Kellogg Company sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine.
‘); // ]]>