This Spicy Pineapple Margarita could not be easier to make. Just a few simple ingredients for this slightly spicy, smoky, and sweet cocktail. Make it for Cinco de Mayo and then sip on it all summer long!
I am so proud to be working with BOLS to bring you this amazing and delicious cocktail!
So I was so excited when BOLS reached out to my good friend, Becky, and I and asked us to pair their amazing Spicy Pineapple Margarita with one of Becky’s delicious Rotel Dip for the perfect Cinco de Mayo party. Make sure you check out the video of us at the bottom of this post to see us throwing together the perfect Cinco spread!
WHAT MAKES THIS SPICY MARGARITA SO EASY
I love this margarita recipe because it is so simple, but the flavors in it are absolutely perfect. It doesn’t get much better than spicy and sweet together, and this cocktail does that perfectly.
The key to this amazing and easy margarita is BOLS Pineapple Chipotle Liqueur. Did you know that Bols is the oldest liqueur brand dating back to the 1500s? It is made in Amsterdam and is rigorously tested, which is probably why it is the most awarded liqueur brand in the world.
Using BOLS’ Pineapple Chipotle Liqueur in this recipe makes throwing it together so easy and also means that you know you are going to end up with a perfect spicy and sweet margarita. The chipotle flavor adds a smokiness that is amazing in this! I love that BOLS has so many different liqueur flavors to make different spins on all your favorite cocktails!
SPICY PINEAPPLE MARGARITA INGREDIENTS
As I said, I love this easy recipe because you only need a few simple ingredients to make it.
- Tequila – Make sure you use a high quality blue agave tequila for the best results
- BOLS Pienapple Chipolte Liqueur
- fresh lime juice – make sure you use fresh or it will alter the color of the final recipe
- simple syrup
CREATING THE PERFECT SPICY MARGARITA RIM
I love a good garnish on a cocktail, and this one is no exception. For this rim I created the perfect blend of spicy and sweet to complement this margarita!
- kosher salt
- ground chipotle pepper
HOW TO RIM A MARGARITA GLASS
- Cut a slice in a fresh lime wedge.
- Use that slice to rub the rim with lime juice.
- Dip the rim in the salt, sugar, and chipotle mixture.
After you get the hang of rimming and garnishing your margaritas, you can do all sorts of fun rims. I love a good salty rim, but colored sugar is really fun too!
Add a pineapple wedge and you are ready to shake up your Spicy Pineapple Margaritas and pour them in their glasses!
The measurements listed below for the salt and sugar mixture will give you more than enough to rim four glasses, so this is perfect if you are hosting and you want to take your presentation up a notch.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH YOUR SPICY PINEAPPLE MARGARITAS
As I said, I love a good Cinco de Mayo spread, but these margaritas will be good with the following recipes all summer long. This is the perfect summer patio sipping cocktail!
And Becky and I loved pairing this pineapple margarita with this over the top delicious Rotel Dip!
If you are hosting a Cinco de Mayo party or if you just want kick your margaritas up a notch, make sure you grab a bottle of BOLS Pineapple Chipotle Liqueur from Total Wine! Follow BOLS on social media to get tons of great cocktail recipes. You can find them on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
WATCH ME MAKE THIS SPICY PINEAPPLE MARGARITA
Spicy Pineapple Margarita
For One Margarita
- 1 1/2 ounce blue agave tequila
- 3/4 ounce BOLS Pineapple Chipotle Liqueur
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice (see note)
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
For Four Margaritas
- 3/4 cup blue agave tequila
- 3 ounces BOLS Pineapple Chipotle Liqueur
- 3 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- pineapple wedges
- chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- fresh limes
- To salt the rims of your glasses, combine the salt, sugar, and chipotle powder on a plate. Use a fresh lime with a cut in it to coat the rim of the glass in lime juice. Dip the glasses in the sugar/salt mixture.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker. Add in the tequila, BOLS Pineapple Chipotle Liqueur, lime juice, and simple syrup. Shake to combine. Pour in ice filled glasses. Garnish with pineapple and chili peppers