This Apple Salad with Bacon is easy to throw together and full of delicious flavor! Made with crisp, fresh ingredients with a luscious dressing, you will want to bring this salad to every get together.
This Apple Salad with Bacon is fast becoming one of my favorites! I’m kind of obsessed with giant salads that can double as entrees for a few people or a great side for a party. And with hearty apples, tangy cheese and crunchy nuts, this salad fills you up without being too heavy.
What Goes in an Apple Salad with Bacon?
- The base of this salad is Romain lettuce, but if you are a big spinach fan, throw that in instead. I love how flexible salads are.
- Throw in a thinly sliced green and red apple.
- Then add in some crumbled goat cheese. I know that goat cheese is an acquired taste, so if that’s not your jam, then add some feta cheese.
- Add some crisply cooked bacon. YUMM.
- You will want to toss in some thinly sliced red onion. Also, I totally want to try this with pickled red onions.
- Toss in some pecans. If you happen to have walnuts on hand or another nut, add those instead.
- Finally you are going to add a homemade dressing that has an amazing tangy zip to it.
How to Make Homemade Salad Dressing
The dressing for this salad is so delicious and comes together in a snap! You can use it on dozens of salads or drizzle it over chicken, steak or grilled veggies. Here’s all you need:
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Mustard – I use a basic yellow mustard but brown or Dijon would work great too.
- Olive Oil
- Hot Sauce – Need a little less kick? Ease up on the amount of hot sauce. Also you can add a dash or two more if you want it spicier.
- Salt and Pepper
- Onion Powder
Other Great Salad Recipes
- This Strawberry Spinach Salad will stand out at any party both for how pretty it is as well as how delicious!
- My family has been making this Spinach Bacon Salad for family gatherings for years!
- This Roasted Beet Salad was so delicious, I ate whole plates of it myself for weeks after posting this recipe.
- I’m completely in love with this Tuscan Tuna Salad!
- This Apple Blueberry Walnut Salad looks almost too beautiful to eat!
- I love how different this Garlicky Kale Orange Salad is! It is such a great compliment to a grilling menu!
The flavors in this salad go perfectly together and I know that you will love it for a light dinner or for a side dish at a potluck or barbecue!
If you try this or any of my other recipes be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram (@lisasimplejoy) and tag it #simplejoy! I love to see what you are making!
Apple Bacon Salad
- 3 heads Romain lettuce chopped
- 1 gala apple sliced thin
- 1 green apple sliced thin
- 1/2 red onion sliced thin
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 pound bacon diced and cooked until crisp
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a mason jar and shake well until fully combined. Serve on the side, allowing people to dress their own salads, and shake well before each pour.
- Toss the rest of the ingredients together and serve.