This Broccoli Cheddar Cauliflower Tator Tots recipe is sure to make your toddlers eat their vegetables. They are delicious and a sneaky way to pack a few more vegetables into the diets of your kids. They are easy to make and you could double or triple the recipe to make extra to store in the freezer.
These would be great next to healthy meatballs, sheet pan fajitas, or slow cooker whole chicken – three dinners that even my pickiest eaters gobble up! Need another great side? Make my Broccoli Rice Casserole!
I’m so happy to be partnering with Pamper’s Cruisers available at Sam’s Club to give you this easy recipe and tips on making parenting easier. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Wine & Glue possible.
So with Piper being in full on THREENAGER mode (<—- totally a thing), I’ve been thinking a lot about how hard it is to parent toddlers and make sure they have everything they need. You guys. It’s a lot! I know, I’m preaching to the choir. I think that a sane person could go crazy if they start to think about all the decisions that go into parenting. There are so many different choices to make and lots of times, both choices (or ALL the choices!!) make sense, which makes it even harder.
We are constantly on the prowl for things that are going to make parenting (and let’s be honest, life in general) easier. One thing that makes it easier is stores that offer pickup and companies that get how hard it is to raise kids, especially toddlers. We love Sam’s Club and Pampers Cruisers for both of those reasons. Did you know that you can shop right through an app at Sam’s Club? Or that you can avoid having to shop in-club altogether if that’s your thing? How amazing is that?! The Sam’s Scan & Go app lets you skip the checkout line since you can scan your own times with your phone when you load your card and pay for everything through the mobile app. And Club Pickup means you can order online and everything will be waiting for you when you pull up to the club. Guys. You can get everything you need for your kids and you don’t even have to get those toddlers out of the car! Yaaassssss. And Pampers Cruisers are perfect for when you do have to get your kids out of the car. Toddlers are nothing if not constant moving tornados and I love how Pampers Cruisers are designed specifically to keep up with all that movement.
Through October 31, get $8 off the purchase of two Pampers diapers or wipes items AND free shipping or Club Pickup. You don’t need a coupon, and savings are automatically calculated when you check out in-club, online, or go through the Scan & Go app.
It’s also tricky to make sure that those constantly moving tornados get all the fruits and vegetables they need. I am a firm believer that kids should have some veggies on their plate at every dinner. In veggie form. We do lots of cut up peppers, baby carrots, and roasted broccoli. And when I say roasted broccoli, I mean like two pieces because that’s as big of a battle as I can handle. So I love that these Broccoli Cheddar Cauliflower Tator Tots let me sneak in a little more.
They start with steamed broccoli and cauliflower and then you throw in some egg, bread crumbs, cheese, and seasoning and you get a tasty little tot. These are easy to make but a little putsy, so I think it is definitely worth it to double or triple the batch and then freeze some. You could just take the raw tot, line a baking sheet with wax paper and stick them in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Take them out and put them into an air tight container and freeze for up to a month. When you are ready to make them, allow them to thaw and then stick them in the oven and bake.
Tips and tricks
- Make sure you squeeze the water out after steaming the vegetables, but don’t stress, a little liquid helps hold them together better.
- You can definitely mix these up by switching out the cheeses or the spices for different flavors.
- These use just about a fourth of a broccoli head and a fourth of a cauliflower head, so you will definitely want to double or triple the recipe. Then roast the rest of your veggies to serve with these.
Still need more ideas? We should try these Homemade Spaghettios! And these Parmesan Chicken Nuggets look just perfect for little hands! I love that this Creamy Butternut Squash Mac N Cheese squeezes in some extra veggies!
Broccoli Cheddar Cauliflower Tator Tot Recipe and Making Parenting Easier with Pampers & Sam’s
- 1 cup cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 1 cup broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Steam the broccoli and cauliflower for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Using a clean kitchen towel, squeeze out the excess water in the vegetables. In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower and broccoli.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, egg, cheeses, and seasonings.
- Working with about a tablespoon and a half of batter at a time, roll into a tot shape. Place the tots on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tots are golden brown, turning over once during the baking process.
- Serve with ketchup.
Other toddler friendly foods
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of P&G. The opinions and text are all mine.