These Buffalo Baked Chicken Tacos are easy to pull together, and the spicy chicken, bubbly cheese and crisp taco shells are so delicious!
These Buffalo Baked Chicken Tacos are full of spicy, tender chicken, nestled in a crispy baked taco shell and covered with bubbly melted cheese. I am in love with all things buffalo, so I found these to be perfectly amazing. They are quick to throw together, we are talking like 15 minutes of prep. And then some bake time, so they are great for a dinner, or perfect for serving to a crowd of game day watchers. If you like these, you’ll love my Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas too!
These are 100% based on this amazing recipe for baked tacos by the ever talented Cookie Rookie. If buffalo isn’t your thing, (WHAAAA?!?!?!?) we can probably still be friends, but you for sure should go make her version.
Where are my Buffalo lovers at? Drop me a comment below and let me know your favorite ways to incorporate those spicy flavors!
EASY TACO BAKE WITH EASY INGREDIENTS
Sometimes you just need a quick meal to get on the table, and you don’t have to make everything from scratch. Give yourself a break once in a while! This baked chicken tacos recipe uses some pre-made ingredients and there’s nothing wrong with that! Here’s all you need for a hearty, flavor-filled meal:
- Rotisserie Chicken. I buy one or two of these at the grocery store every week; they’re so handy to use in everything from salads to soups to sandwiches. Just shred up some chicken and you’re good to go!
- Buffalo Sauce. Use your favorite brand, any kind will do.
- Carry the buffalo flavors along with celery and some diced onion.
- Hard Taco Shells. I find that the crisp taco shells that stand by themselves are easiest to use and are able to hold more yummy filling.
- Mozzarella Cheese. I love how the mild cheese melts over the chicken filling and bubbles and browns in the oven. You could use cheddar, Monterrey Jack, or spice things up a ton using Pepper Jack too.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles. It just wouldn’t be a buffalo recipe without some tangy blue cheese, right?
TIPS FOR CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN TACOS
Baked tacos are naturally a little bit soft on the bottom due to the moisture from the chicken, but here are a few tips to keep them as crispy as possible:
- Start with a thin layer of cheese in the bottom to create a barrier between the shell and the buffalo chicken mixture.
- If using a rotisserie chicken you shouldn’t have too much moisture to contend with, but if you’re using other types of meat, make sure it’s completely cooked until all the liquid is gone.
- Fill and bake just before serving.
- Serve immediately right out of the baking dish! Let’s keep it casual, friends.
- Top with cilantro, blue cheese crumbles, hot sauce, extra mozzarella or a dollop of my homemade Buffalo Ranch Dipping Sauce
MORE MOUTHWATERING BUFFALO RECIPES
Love all things spicy and cheesy? Try some of my other favorite Buffalo inspired recipes:
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Salad
- Crock Pot Creamy Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Pot Pie
- Crock Pot Buffalo Bread
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms
- Buffalo Pull Apart Bread
If you’re a buffalo fan, I just know you’ll love these crispy, spicy and cheesy baked chicken tacos. I can’t wait to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment below. Enjoy!
Buffalo Baked Tacos
- 1/2 a yellow onion diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie shredded chicken
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 12 hard shell tacos
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and celery, stirring often. Add the garlic salt.
- Once the onions are soft and translucent, add the chicken, buffalo sauce, and one cup of mozzarella cheese in large bowl.
- Set up the tacos in the baking dish so they are all standing up, and divide the filling amongst them. Approximately 1/3 cup of the filling into each shell. Top with the remaining mozzarella and then the blue cheese.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and the shells begin to brown. Serve immediately.