This Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole is the perfect dinner. Only about ten minutes to prep and the instant pot does all the work. Fast, easy, hearty and delicious!
This Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole is one of my busy weeknight go to meals. I have fallen in love with the Instant Pot and this recipe is a huge reason why. You won’t believe that such a tender pasta recipe is made in a pressure cooker. All your favorite enchilada flavors combine together in a pasta casserole that sticks to your ribs and is a family favorite!
LEARNING FROM AN INSTANT POT EXPERT
During one of my work trips, I was privileged to meet Barbara Schieving. She is the talented author behind Barbara Bakes and Pressure Cooking Today. She also happens to be the author of this amazing pressure cooker cookbook, The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook. This cookbook has helped me navigate using my Instant Pot, beginning with her post all about how to start using it. She even has a post on how to convert recipes into Instant Pot recipes. Just following her instructions on a recipe will make you feel so much more comfortable. If you’re nervous about using a pressure cooker, check out her post and her cookbooks. She’s a wealth of Instant Pot information!
Do you love your Instant Pot? I’d love to hear your tips and tricks for using it. Please leave me a comment and share below!
EASY CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
When I say this recipe is easy, I mean you’ll still have time to paint your nails or do an extra load of laundry in the time it would normally take to make dinner.
- Dice some onions and garlic and use your Instant Pot to sautee them to perfection.
- Toss in the enchilada sauce, seasonings and pasta and let the Instant Pot cook it in just FOUR minutes! I mean, it’s like magic.
- Choose any shape of pasta you like for this recipe. I love the shape of rotini but regular elbows, bowtie or any other shape will work just great.
- Once the pasta is cooked, you let it finish off in the instant pot for another minute, then pour it into a greased pan and add the cheese.
- Stick it under the broiler for a couple of minutes until the cheese is nice and bubbly. Then voila! Dinner is served.
TOPPINGS FOR THIS INSTANT POT CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
This easy enchilada casserole is totally delicious right out of the Instant Pot or you could top it with all kinds of goodies:
- fresh cilantro
- diced tomatoes
- sliced olives
- sour cream
MORE DELICIOUS INSTANT POT RECIPES
Once I got a bit more comfortable using the instant pot it has been the star of my kitchen most nights! I love that the overall time for these recipes is like 30 minutes and the hands on time is like 10 minutes. These are MY kind of recipes. I need things that come together fast around the chaos of dinner time. Try some of these tried and true pressure cooker recipes and hop on board!
- Easy Instant Pot Quinoa
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Beef Stew in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Meatballs and Pasta Recipe
- Perfect Instant Pot Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
I love hearing from you, dear readers! Please drop me a comment below and let me know what you think of this recipe and your thoughts on the instant pot craze. I’m hooked!
Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 19 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1.25 oz package taco seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts diced into bite sized pieces
- 3 cups dried rotini pasta
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- scallions, olives, diced tomatoes, and fresh cilantro for serving
- Spray an 8 by 8 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Select Saute on your instant pot and add the vegetable oil to the pressure cooker. Once it is hot, add the onions and saute for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Stir in the enchilada sauce, tomatoes with chiles, water, and taco seasoning. Then add the diced chicken and pasta. Lock the lid in place and select High Pressure and 4 minutes cook time.
- When the cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker. Use the quick pressure please. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid. Select the saute setting and cook for 1 more minute, stirring, until the pasta is tender.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and pour the mixture into the square baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Place under a broiler and broil until the cheese melts and starts to brown.
- Serve topped with olives, tomatoes, scallions, and cilantro.
This post contains affiliate links, if you click on them and then make a purchase, I make a small amount of money at no additional cost to you. Thank you in advance for supporting Wine & Glue.