This Instant Pot Taco Soup preps in FIVE minutes! Delicious, done in 35 minutes, and at only 300 calories a bowl you can’t beat a chicken taco soup like this.
I absolutely love this Taco Soup all year round. It comes together so quickly with only about 5 minutes of hands on time in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
It is a quick riff on my Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup, but is perfect for when you forgot to get it going in the morning.
This meal uses chicken and pantry items, so it is a perfect fall back meal. And at only about 300 calories a bowl, it is a meal that you can feel really good about serving your family too.
TACO SOUP INGREDIENTS
As mentioned, this soup comes together easily with just a few ingredients. Most of these ingredients I keep on hand in my pantry all the time. So this is a great meal to make when there is nothing else on hand.
- Chicken Stock
- Taco Seasoning (if you can’t buy any, make this!)
- Black Beans
- Kidney Beans
- Canned Corn
Make sure you visit the bottom of the post for the full printable recipe.
We eat this soup all the time – even in the summer months. My husband and I put out lots of toppings on the table and kids can customize their dinner!
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Pickled Jalapeños
- Tortilla Chips
STORING AND FREEZING
This soup makes the best left overs! I actually had left overs for lunch yesterday and it was such a great quick lunch.
Store the left overs in an airtight container for up to four days. Only take out and heat up what you plan on eating right then. Do not heat up all of the left overs and store them again in the refrigerator a second time.
This is a great soup for freezing. Store in an airtight container, allow extra room for expanding. Freeze for up to three months.
OTHER GREAT INSTANT POT RECIPES
If you are new to using your Instant Pot and want more great recipes to make in it, here are a few we love:
If you make this recipe or any of my others please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 ounce taco seasoning (3 tablespoons)
- 16 ounces kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- 11 ounces corn drained
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- In the base of the Instant Pot, whisk together the chicken stock, crushed tomatoes and taco seasoning.
- Add in the whole chicken breasts, kidney beans, black beans, and corn.
- Put the top on and seal. Set it to manual, high pressure, 5 minutes. Make sure the valve is set to sealed before you start. After a moment the Instant Pot will beep and say "On." At that point it will start building pressure and eventually the pressure valve will raise and then it will start counting down the 5 minutes. (The total time it takes to come to pressure varies from Instant Pot to Instant Pot. My total cooking time from start to finish was 35 minutes.)
- Once the Instant Pot has counted down the 5 minutes, use a manual pressure release, turning it to venting. Once the valve has fallen you can remove the top.
- Remove the chicken breasts. Shred them and return the shredded chicken back to the soup. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.