This Peach Vodka Smash is the perfect summer cocktail! Refreshing and delicious!
You guys, I blinked and summer is half over! I kind of can’t believe it!! Like how the heck did this happen??
I mean . . . I know exactly how it happened. I crammed our summer with kid’s activities, trips, work stuff, and a surgery. Ugh.
Add to that the fact that we *still* don’t have a yard and I guess it explains why I kind of want to crawl into a hole with a jar of creamy peanut butter and a bottle of wine (weird combo?) and ignore the world.
But, alas, that is not happening.
So! Here we have, on a bright Monday morning, a cocktail for you. Because summer days are super busy and you should reward yourself at the end of them with a nice cocktail.
This Peach Vodka Smash has been in the works since Memorial Day! (Woah.) When I first made it, I did it without the peach simple syrup. And I think that that is a totally fine way to go. But in that case, you aren’t going to want to let your bubbles be sparkling water. It just won’t be sweet enough. (Read: It won’t be sweet at all)
So if you don’t feel like doing peach simple syrup, my suggestion would be to get some peach soda and do a nice balance of that and sparkling water. It will make it sweet without it being a calorie bomb. You know? Because I do want to drink my calories, just not all of my calories.
Peach Vodka Smash
For One Cocktial
- 2 TBSPs peach simple syrup
- 1 oz peach schnapps
- 2 oz vodka use a high quality vodka, like Titos
- 1/2 cup peach sparkling water or club soda
For a Pitcher
- 3/4 cup peach simple syrup
- 3/4 cup peach schnapps
- 1 1/2 cup vodka
- 3 cups peach sparkling water or club soda
For Peach Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 fresh peach diced
For Simple Syrup
- Bring the sugar, water, and fresh peaches to a boil, continue boiling until the sugar is completely dissolved and it is smooth, stirring regularly. Blend the syrup and then strain to remove the peach pulp. Cool completely.
For the Cocktail
- Combine all of the ingredients and pour over ice.
More peach recipes to love on
Popsicles never looked as they do with these Ripe Peach Popsicles!
This Blackberry Peach Pie looks absolutely ridiculous.
This Pan Seared Tilapia with Peach Cucumber Salsa is a dinner out of my dreams!