Cheesy Beer Monkey Bread combines the buttery rich flavor of beer bread with gooey, tangy cheese into Monkey Bread form. Easy to make and fun to eat!
This Cheesy Beer Monkey Bread is my go-to recipe when I need something quick to take to a Super Bowl party or when I’m hosting a casual gathering at home. The buttery bread bakes around tangy cheese in a bundt pan, creating a golden, tender pull-apart bread that always disappears fast! It’s a cheesy twist to my Three Ingredient Beer Bread and you’ll love how easy it comes together.
What Does Beer Bread Taste Like?
Both bread and beer are made with similar ingredients, which is why they blend so well together. The yeast in the beer combined with the sugar helps the bread to rise, making it light and fluffy. And the alcohol from the beer cooks off during the baking process, leaving nothing but the rich, buttery flavor.
Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Beer Monkey Bread
You’ll be amazed how easy this beer bread is so easy to throw together! A lot of cooks get nervous about making their own bread, but this monkey bread uses only a few ingredients and bakes up in a snap! Here’s all you need:
- Self rising flour (Find it next to the all purpose flour in your grocery store)
- Granulated sugar
- Your favorite beer, about 12 ounces. (You can use a light beer for this recipe too!)
- Cheese, cut into cubes. (Any kind of cheese will work, but I especially love mozzarella, pepper jack, Monterey jack, or a good sharp white cheddar cheese in this monkey bread)
- One melted stick of butter
How to Make Cheesy Beer Monkey Bread
- First, grab a bundt pan and grease it with cooking spray.
- Next, mix together self-rising flour, sugar and beer until it’s just combined.
- Then, wrap a little bit of the sticky flour mixture around each cube of cheese, dip into the butter and drop it into the bundt pan.
- Pour the rest of the dough into the pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- It’s best served warm, but is really delicious cold too!
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to three days.
What to Serve with Monkey Bread
- This cheesy beer bread makes a delicious snack or appetizer. Serve chunks of it instead of pita chips for a hummus dip.
- Serve alongside a veggie tray with vegetable spread or ranch dip.
- Make it a meal! Serve this rich monkey bread with some soup and salad for a delicious dinner.
More Delicious and Easy Bread Recipes
Sweet or savory, whipping up bread was never so easy, or yummy! Try some of my favorites:
- Wisconsin Bacon and Cheese Beer Bread
- Loaded Jalapeno Popper Beer Bread
- Buffalo Pull Apart Bread
- Mushroom and Swiss Pull Apart Bread
- Banana Monkey Bread with Nutella Ganache
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Monkey Bread
- Orange Dream Monkey Bread
I hope you love this Cheesy Beer Monkey Bread as much as I do! Feel free to leave a comment below with your thoughts or questions on this or any of my other recipes. Enjoy!
Cheesy Beer Monkey Bread
- 3 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 ounces beer
- 8 ounces cheese cut into cubes
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 and spray a bunt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar and beer. Mix until just combined.
- The flour mixture will be super sticky but pull out little chunks of it, wrap it around cubes of cheese and dip them in the melted butter, and drop it into the bundt pan.
- Add the remaining flour and beer mixture to the bundt pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- It's best served warm, but still yummy cold!