This Cherry Lime Vodka Tonic is the perfect and most brilliant answer to summer. It starts with just a little of my Cherry Limeade and then with some vodka and tonic water, you have the perfect grown up treat for hot summer days.
Making a Vodka Tonic
A vodka tonic is a very simple drink that is as delicious as it is refreshing. Start with a quality vodka, some bottled tonic water, and garnish with a lemon and a lime. Its simple and delicious. And if you want to take a lighter spin on it, make it with diet tonic water. You still get that sweet taste without all the calories.
What is a Cherry Lime Vodka Tonic
This recipe was created after I posted a video for my Cherry Limeade and someone on facebook asked, but where’s the vodka?
Good question, my cocktail lovin’ friends, good question.
So this delicious recipe was born. With just a little bit of cherry limeade replacing some of the tonic water you get this beautiful color, but you also get a delicious twist on a classic cocktail.
How perfect is it that the kids get their kid friendly drink and then you get to enjoy it with some vodka?
Ingredients for a Cherry Lime Vodka Tonic
- Some simple and sweet Cherry Limeade. It’s so easy to make, but if you aren’t feeling it, there are a few brands that sell it.
- Cherry vodka is great in this cocktail, or you can go with plain. Just make sure its a type you love.
- Finally, top it with some tonic water. I used diet tonic to cut the calories a little, but you can always go with regular.
How to Make a Cherry Lime Vodka Tonic
Grab your cocktail shaker for this one and fill it with ice. A metal shaker is great because it will make the drink ice cold.
- Shake the cherry limeade and vodka together.
- Strain them into a high ball glass filled with ice.
- Top with tonic water and give it a slight stir.
A Less Sweet Cocktail
If you don’t love your drinks sweet, then use club soda instead of tonic! This makes it a vodka soda, and it is one of my favorite drinks. For some people, the sweetness of the cherry limeade will be enough on it’s own to sweeten this drink.
Other Great Spins on a Vodka Tonic
I’m sure I will be adding tot his list as I can’t just leave a classic cocktail alone, but for now, I also have:
Other Great Cherry Cocktails
If you try this amazing cocktail, let me know in the comments what you think!
Cherry Lime Vodka Tonic
- 2 ounces cherry vodka or regular
- 2 ounces cherry limeade (Either store bought or homemade)
- 6 ounces tonic I used diet tonic
- Shake together the cherry limeade and the vodka with ice. Strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Top with tonic and stir very gently to combine.