These Southwestern Turkey Lettuce Wraps come together in a snap and are light yet filling, simple yet so delicious!
I am so excited to be partnering with Jennie-O to bring you this light dinner. We eat tons of Jennie-O in our house and would love for you to support the brands that make Wine & Glue possible!
These Southwestern Lettuce Wraps are my answer for an easy supper on busy weeknights when life seems super crazy. I don’t know about you, but sometimes it seems like the late afternoon is the most chaotic time of the day. The kids are bouncing off the walls after being at school, I’m finishing projects or work, my husband is just getting home and the house is noisy and generally bananas. These lettuce wraps are simple to make, so I can have dinner on the table in no time and we can all settle in over a good, wholesome meal. Everyone seems to calm down as they fill their bellies with nutritious, yummy food and we all end up enjoying life a little more.
What are your go to quick suppers? I love swapping ideas with you, dear friends, so please leave me a comment below.
TURKEY LETTUCE WRAPS IN FIVE SIMPLE INGREDIENTS
Given how crazy life can feel, easy dinners are an absolute must. These Southwestern Turkey Lettuce Wraps are it. You guys. It really doesn’t get any easier than this. These really do come together in a flash and they are perfect if you are trying to eat on the lighter side. Here’s all you need:
- Two heads of Boston butter or Bibb lettuce. These two types of lettuce are best for holding lots of yummy filling. They’re sturdy yet flavorful.
- Jennie-O Lean Ground Turkey. I love how hearty this ground turkey is! So filling, yet low in fat, so you can really feel good about serving this to your family. We love it!
- Salsa. Any kind will do. We like a little kick, so I opt for a spicy brand, but you could go more mild with the kids.
- Taco Seasoning Mix. Use one packet of the pre-made seasoning, or you can use about four tablespoons of my easy to make homemade taco seasoning. So good!
- Black Beans. Make sure to drain and rinse the can of black beans before adding to the mixture.
I generally top my turkey lettuce wraps with sour cream, diced jalapanos, fresh cilantro and tomatoes. But you don’t have to use any toppings at all. They’re perfectly delicious using just the five original ingredients. In fact, that’s how my kids prefer them.
MORE GROUND TURKEY MEALS
If you’re not in the habit of cooking with ground turkey or you’ve never tried it, try some of these recipes! You’ll never miss the beef in these hearty, delicious and lighter dinners.
- Creamy Taco Stuffed Shells
- Healthy Meatballs
- Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Healthy Turkey Chili
- Baked Turkey Meatballs
- Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- Lightened Up Skillet Lasagna
Jennie-O ground turkey is such a staple in our house! They have a whole section of their website dedicated to low calorie meals. And be sure to check out all the great light meals you can make with Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey! Follow Jennie-O on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest!
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this recipe. I love hearing from you Here’s to quick, calm and relaxing mealtimes at your house!
Five Ingredient Southwestern Lettuce Wraps
- Two Heads of Boston Butter or Bibb Lettuce
- 1 lb of Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 oz packet of taco season (or 4 TBSPs homemade taco seasoning
- 15 oz can of black beans drained and rinsed
- chopped jalapeños tomates, and light sour cream for topping (optional)
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and add the Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey, and cook over medium heat. Add in the taco seasoning. Cook until the meat is no longer pink and is cooked through.
- Stir in the salsa and then the black beans.
- Serve in pieces of the butter lettuce. Top with jalapeños, tomatoes, and light sour cream.