These Fudgy Peanut Butter Hand Pies are made with only four ingredients and are super delicious. Fun to make with the kids and satisfies a sweet tooth in no time!
These Fudgy Peanut Butter Hand Pies with Pillsbury pie crust are made so easily. If you are looking for dessert recipes for kids, this one is perfect! This is easy enough for them to do on their own. Plus it combines the irresistible flavors of chocolate and peanut butter! If you ever need something easy to make for a group, this is the way to go.
How to Make Hand Pies
Hand Pies are just that: a pie you can hold in your hand! They’re so much fun to make and eat and you can dress them up a million different ways. Here’s all you do:
- First, unroll both of your pie crusts and cut about 10 three-inch rounds out of each crust. You’ll end up with about 20 rounds, for 10 hand pies.
- Next, melt your peanut butter in the microwave for just a few seconds until it’s soft.
- Then, mix it with some fudgy chocolate frosting (I use the canned stuff for this recipe and it’s delicious!) along with some powdered sugar.
- Spread about a tablespoon of the chocolate peanut butter mixture to the center of ten of the rounds. Then top with the other ten.
- Press down with a fork on the edges to seal them up. Flip them over and repeat.
- Brush each pie lightly with some egg whites. This will ensure your pies get that golden, shiny crust.
- Bake them at 425 degrees for about 8-10 minutes until they’re golden brown.
- Once your pies are out of the oven, drizzle some melted chocolate chips over the top, then let them cool for about ten minutes before serving. YUM!
How to Keep Hand Pies from Getting Soggy
If you’re worried about all that luscious filling seeping out during baking, here’s a tip: chill or freeze the pies for about 20 minutes before you bake them. And make sure to bake them in a really hot oven, at least 425 degrees for these Fudgy Peanut Butter Hand Pies.
More Peanut Butter Desserts
If you can’t get enough peanut butter and chocolate desserts, then you will want to try these Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes. This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake is perfect for a birthday! And it doesn’t get any better than this Peanut Butter Cup Pie!
Fudgey Peanut Butter Hand Pies
- 1 package of pie crusts the full box, two crusts
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 TBSP powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Unroll both pie crusts and cut 10 three inch rounds out of each crust (for a total of 20 rounds, and 10 hand pies).
- Soften the peanut butter for thirty seconds in the microwave. Then add the frosting and the powdered sugar until well combined.
- Add a tablespoon of the mixture to the center of 10 of the rounds. Top with the other 10 rounds.
- Press down with a fork to seal. Flip them all over and press down with the fork on the other side.
- Brush lightly with the egg whites.
- Place the 10 hand pies on a parchment linked baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes or until the edges of the mini pies are golden brown.
- Melt the chocolate chips and spoon into a plastic bag, cut off the end and drizzle over the hand pies.
- Let hand pies sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Karen @ The Food Charlatan says
Everyone gets in trouble!!!!! I love it! and I’m lovin these pies. But where are your before pictures?? C’mon we wanna see!!! ;)
Lisa Longley says
Hahahahaha!! I’m sure they are in the depths of Pinterest somewhere :)
Wow!!! Those pies look delicious looks like I can eat them all at once. Haha And you have an awesome family.
Lisa Longley says
Thank you Anna!!