This Jambalaya Foil Packet Dinner Recipe is about 30 minutes start to finish and so delicious! Whether you make it on the grill or in the oven, your family will love this recipe.
I’m so happy to be partnering with Jennie-O to bring you this great easy dinner!
Jambalaya Foil Packet Ingredients
Though this is not a traditional jambalaya, it is reminiscent of those flavors. It comes together so easily that I think you will be really happy with this grilling take on it.
- Andouille Sausage
- Red & Green Bell Pepper
- Cajun Seasoning
- Instant Rice
- Chicken Broth
Homemade Cajun Seasoning
I have several seasoning recipes on my blog, and I love them all. They are much better than what you buy in the store and I have the amounts to make a little or a lot.
My Cajun Seasoning is no exception. One of the things I love about it is that you can adjust the spiciness. So if you have little ones who are sensitive to heat, that is a great option.
How To Make a Foil Packet
- Place all of the foil pieces shiny side up and spray them with cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Divide them amongst the foil pieces.
- Fold the longest sides of the foil up on itself and then fold down several times.
- Now fold in the edges. (You can see this done in the video below.)
Do I Need to Use Instant Rice
This recipe does require that you use instant rice. I realize that many people don’t keep that on hand, but if you don’t, your rice won’t fully cook.
Make In the Oven
This recipe can be made either on the grill or in the oven. Great news!
To make in the oven
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the foil packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Other Easy Grilling Recipes
If you are on the prowl for more easy dinners try some of these:
If you make this recipe or any of my other recipes please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Jambalaya Foil Packet Dinner Recipe
- Preheat your oven or grill to 400 degrees. (See how to make this in the oven.)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place five square pieces of foil on the counter and spray the centers with cooking spray. Divide the mixture among them. Fold up two sides of the foil and fold over. Then curl both ends in to make a seal packet. Place directly on the grill, or on a baking sheet in the oven.
- If grilling, turn over half way through grilling.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until the rice is soft.