Steak Kabobs make the perfect delicious dinner for grilling season. The steak marinade makes the meat melt in your mouth.
These Steak Kabobs are going to become a go to recipe for your family in summer. The marinade is easy to throw together and makes for the most perfect and tender meat.
Nathan took one bite of these and said, “Well, I could eat those all day.” And then he did. These will win over any guest you invite over or a spouse who just cleaned the kitchen so you don’t have to.
Steak Kabob Marinade
I can’t say enough how much I love this marinade recipe. It is simple to throw together, and I always have the ingredients on hand.
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Garlic Cloves
- Black Pepper
You’ll note that there is no salt. The soy sauce really covers our bases there and more salt would be too much.
How Long to Marinate Steak
I love marinating meat because you can elevate the flavor of a recipe so easily. Marinating shouldn’t be a week long process though. Too long in a marinade and the meat will end up being an unappetizing texture.
Marinate steak for 1 hour to 24 hours. This is a great recipe to start the marinade on the night before. That way when you get home from work, it is just putting the kabobs together and grilling them.
What Type of Steak to Use for Kabobs
I like using Top Sirloin for kabobs for a few reasons:
- It is a leaner cut of meat, which makes it easier to skewer.
- This cut of meat picks up marinades very well.
- Finally, it is a juicy and flavorful cut of beef, so it works perfectly as the star of the show.
Want to try another steak kabob recipe with top sirloin? Make my Steak Fajita Kabobs!
Wood or Metal Skewers
I always prefer to use metal skewers. They are reusable, which is a big win for me, and they don’t require soaking. I think that they are a worthwhile investment for summer grilling. (You can find a link above the recipe card to buy your own.)
If you choose to use wood skewers, you will want to soak them first. Recommendations vary, but you want to soak them for at least 30 minutes.
How Many Does this Serve?
This makes about 10 kabobs (give or take depending on how you cut things). That is enough for for four adults. You might consider adding some side dishes to this recipe to fill it out further.
I would recommend the following side dishes to compliment this:
Other Great Grilling Dinners
If you can’t get enough of grilling, here are some other recipes that I know you will love!
If you make these steak kabobs or any of my other recipes, leave me a comment and let me know what you thought! The best part of making my recipes is hearing from you.
Metal Skewers: I love using these metal skewers because they are reusable and they don’t require soaking.
Metal Tongs: This makes rotating the kabobs simple.
Indoor Grill Pan: With this amazing pan you can make these kabobs all year round. We use ours all the time.
Good Knife: There is a decent amount of dicing in this recipe and you want a nice sharp knife that doesn’t quit to cut your steak.
- 2 pound top sirloin cut into cubes
- 1 large red onion cut into square pieces
- 2 red bell pepper cut into square pieces
- 2 yellow squash sliced into 1/4 inch pieces (look for one that is uniform in width from tip to end)
Steak Kabob Marinade
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic micned
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Pour the marinade over the cubed sirloin. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- After the meat has marniated, put together the skewers by adding meat, then the vegetables, then another piece of meat to the skewer. Repeat until the skewer is full. You can see in the photos I did about 5 pieces of meat, and four sets of vegetables for each skewer to make 10 skewers. (Read in the post about the difference between metal and wood skewers and why I use metal.)
- Place the skewers on the grill and grill for 6 minutes on each side. It works best to use metal tongs to flip the skewers.
- Serve and enjoy!