This post is sponsored by Yummy Dino Buddies but opinions are my own.
Let kids play with their food with these super fun Lettuce Wraps for Kids with Yummy Dino Buddies! This will be their new favorite lunch.
Should we talk about picky eaters?
For the longest time, we thought that Piper was a picky eater. That kid has been a struggle FOREVER around mealtime. And then in the last year or so, something clicked for us – she is picky. But because she is a foodie!
HELPING A PICKY EATER EAT
We’ve learned a few things about how to work with a kid who might seem picky.
- Eating the same things all the time doesn’t do it for Piper like it might with our other kiddos. This is especially true around box lunches. Our oldest could live on PB & J, Piper needs it to be mixed up.
- Helping her make her own food makes her much more interested in eating it. Especially if she can sample the ingredients.
- Us being more laid back and letting her play with her food really helps. This might mean letting her put together crazy ingredients or it might legitimately mean play.
These Lettuce Wraps made with Yummy Dino Buddies checks every single one of those boxes.
The simple fact that Piper can get excited about this meal makes me happy. But the fact that Dino Buddies are full of protein and Omega-3s puts it over the top. I love that they are full of all white meat chicken breasts and are the start of a really well balanced meal for her.
LETTUCE WRAPS FOR KIDS INGREDIENTS
The whole idea behind these lettuce wraps is that kids can get creative with their food and create a whole scene with their Dino Buddies.
Here are a few simple suggestions that will make for great grass, plants, and “paint” but really the sky is the limit.
- Iceberg Lettuce Leaves for the wrap and background.
- Carrot Sticks and Celery for the tree trunks.
- Red Cabbage for the grass. It’s a fun color that pops and gets them to try something they maybe haven’t had yet.
- Spinach leaves for tree leaves.
- BBQ Sauce, thicker teriyaki sauce, or ketchup with a clean paint brush to paint the sky. My girls also liked painting their dinosaurs.
DINNER IN A PINCH
We also love this for dinner in a pinch! Dino Buddies keep in the freezer and are easy to make FAST in either the oven or the microwave. Plus they are 100% natural which makes me feel great.
We love giving them to our kids with some cut up veggies before we head out for date night or when I am so over cooking for the week.
Lettuce Wraps for Kids with Yummy Dino Buddies
- 12 Yummy Dino Buddies cooked according to package instructions
- Iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium carrot cut into sticks
- 2 celery stalks cut into sticks
- red cabbage shredded
- spinach leaves
- BBQ sauce
- Cook Yummy Dino Buddies according to package instructions.
- While the Yummy Dino Buddies are cooking, prepare the other ingredients.
- On a plate give each child 3 Yummy Dino Buddies, lettuce leaves, and a small cup of BBQ sauce with a clean paint brush. (A spoon can work too.)
- Place the other ingredients on a big cutting board in the middle. Allow them to create their scenes and then show them how to add the veggies and the Dino Buddies to the lettuce and wrap them up to eat!