This One Pot Creamy Shrimp Pasta is such a delicious 30 minute meal! Made with simple and easy ingredients, this shrimp and pasta recipe is perfect for busy weeknights and will sure to be a keeper.
We recently started doing something at dinner where we ask our kids to say something nice about their siblings. We started this on a day when they were being a little nasty to each other. I tried not to tie the two things together, and they didn’t really seem to notice my motivation. I wasn’t sure how it as going to go, but it was incredible to watch them easily come up with lists of things they love about each other. They said very real things that they admired about each other or that particularly made their own lives better, like, “She always tries to make me feel better when I’m sad. I loved it. And I also loved that it kind of forced them to get more comfortable with receiving compliments.
It actually made this One Pot Creamy Shrimp Pasta taste even better. I’m not kidding. This is a truly delicious dinner that I love making again and again, but the sweet words that went with it made it even better.
ONE POT CREAMY SHRIMP PASTA
This is a recipe that I have had on my blog for years, but the photos didn’t do it justice and I decided it was something I wanted to reshare with all of you. I have to say, these current photos still don’t do justice to how creamy and delicious it is. If you are looking for great shrimp pasta recipes, this one is sure to be a keeper!
HOW DO YOU MAKE CREAMY SHRIMP PASTA
As I said, this recipe comes together in one pot. At the beginning of the recipe, there are a lot of steps, and then you just let it simmer until the end when you add the shrimp and cream. I would suggest that you gather all of your ingredients before you start cooking so that you aren’t scrambling to open that can of tomatoes and suddenly your garlic is burning.
While I did make it in the skillet you see pictured here, it is easier to make it in a big stock pot that affords you plenty of room for mixing.
INGREDIENTS FOR CREAMY SHRIMP PASTA
I think I love making shrimp and pasta recipes so much because they require so little to taste amazing. A lot of these ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- olive oil
- crushed tomatoes
- chicken broth
- red pepper flakes
- dried basil
- dried parsley
- heavy cream
OTHER GREAT SHRIMP PASTA RECIPES
One Pot Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 29 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 TBSP dried basil
- 1/2 TBSP dried parsly
- 16 ounces penne
- 1 pound shrimp raw and deveined
- 1 cup heavy cream
- shredded parmesan for serving
- fresh basil for serving
- Gather and measure all of your ingredients. Heat olive oil in a large skillet or stock pot over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Watch your garlic closely, if it burns start over with a clean pan.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, red pepper flakes, basil, and parsly, stirring to combine. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Stir in penne.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes (or until the penne just has a small bite to it), stirring occasionally.
- Stir in shrimp and cook until it just turns pink. Stir in the heavy cream and remove from heat.
- Top with parmesan and fresh basil to serve.
Looking for more one pot meals?
This One Pot Taco Casserole!! Can I get an “AMEN” ???? Taco + One Pot = Life Goals
My family would devour this One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese!
I am totally in love with the freshness of this One Pot Farmer’s Market Pasta!
This One Pot Meatball Stroganoff is eat from the pan good.
This One Pot Southwestern Alfredo Pasta is super popular!
If you love spinach and artichoke, you have to try my One Pot Spinach Artichoke Pasta.
Our family absolutely loved this One Pot Sausage Pasta Skillet