But on the off chance that you missed the Dorothy is Awesome Memo, here’s the recipe!
Orange Chocolate Spice Cookies
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 3 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- the juice of one orange just shy of 1/3 cup
- the zest of one orange optional
- 1 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs beaten
- 6 TBSPs butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine.
- Shape the cookies into small balls and bake for 15 minutes on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- While the cookies are cooling, whisk together the sugar and the milk until well combined.
- Once the cookies are cooled drizzle the glaze over the cookies or dip them in it.
- Note: For a thicker glaze on the cookies, increase the amount of powdered sugar.
Want another recipe from my grandma made modern? How about some Cookie Butter Biscotti?
Looking for more Orange Chocolate deliciousness?
|Fudgey Brownies with Orange Frosting|
|Easy Chocolate Chip Orange Sweet Rolls|