This Pina Colada Smoothie combines tasty tropical flavors into an easy and creamy breakfast! No need to wait for cocktail hour to enjoy this tropical treat.
This Pina Colada Smoothie has all the tropical flavors of that classic cocktail, but one that you can have any time of day! Smooth and creamy, this delicious smoothie recipe comes together with just FOUR ingredients and could not be easier to make! If you love a classic Pina Colada this non-alcoholic breakfast smoothie will be right up your alley!
Have you hopped on the smoothie train? I’m chugging full steam ahead with creamy, nutritious, delicious smoothie recipes! Please leave me a comment below with your favorite smoothies and let’s swap ideas!
INGREDIENTS FOR A PINA COLADA SMOOTHIE
The ingredients for this smoothie recipe are easy to keep on hand and so convenient to grab when you need a quick breakfast, afternoon pick-me-up or an after dinner dessert. Here’s all you need:
- Frozen mango chunks: I always have a bag of mango in the freezer; they can be used in so many different smoothies and recipes! I get my bag from Trader Joe’s but you can find frozen mangos at most regular grocery stores. It’s so much better for me to buy frozen rather than fresh so I can use a little bit at a time and they don’t go bad!
- Frozen pineapple: Again, I like to keep a bag of frozen pineapple chunks on hand for smoothies. You can absolutely use fresh pineapple or even canned chunks. I just think the frozen pineapple tastes so much better than the canned stuff, and the frozen fruit gives the smoothie extra bulk.
- You’ll need about half of a banana for this smoothie recipe. I always seem to have over-ripe bananas on the counter, which are perfect for this drink. However, you can freeze bananas too! Just peel them, dice them into chunks or even just slice in half, then freeze on a cookie sheet. Once they’re completely frozen you can combine them into a baggie and use a few at a time as needed. They’ll stay good in the freezer for about a month.
- Finally, use coconut milk for that tropical flavor! If you’ve never used coconut milk, give it a try! It’s actually very healthy for you too; coconut milk contains healthy fats which can help in weight loss, healthier hair and skin. Plus it tastes yummy, especially in this smoothie!
SUGGESTIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS FOR PINA COLADA SMOOTHIES
- If you’re using a blender and the fruit is having a hard time blending completely, add a bit more coconut milk to break it up.
- You can use regular milk if that’s all you have on hand! Add a tiny dash of coconut oil or extract for flavor.
- If the smoothie doesn’t have enough sweetness, add a drizzle of honey.
- Try adding a quarter cup of vanilla or coconut Greek yogurt if you want a thicker, creamier smoothie.
MORE SUPER SMOOTHIE RECIPES
Love this Pina Colada Smoothie? Then you’ll love experimenting with other recipes too. Like this Orange Colada Smoothie! YUM! Try any of these delicious drinks next time you’re feeling hungry or need a refreshing pick-me-up.
- Raspberry Mango Smoothie
- Three Ingredient Green Smoothie
- Top 10 Smoothie Recipes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothies
- Four Easy Three Ingredient Smoothies
You can even make your kiddos this Pina Colada Smoothie recipe and you can make an adult version for a warm summer evening on the patio. The tropical flavors taste so bright and flavorful, I just love it! I hope you love it too. Please leave me a comment below and let me know what you think. CHEERS!
Pina Colada Smoothie
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.